Thursday, April 16, 2009

Quotes open. Enter obscure quote by famous author/feminist/poet/quirky film-maker on travel. dot.dot.dot. Quotes closed.

I realized I love to travel. In the middle of the Red Light District in Amsterdam, surrounded by gorgeous women peddling their stuff in neon-blue bikinis;inebriated Scot fans yelling "Amsterdam, Amsterdam! YAAAAY" and me, neatly stepping over dog poo, I had this brilliant moment of clarity. The kind that only strikes alcoholics.
I REALIZED.

with the smoke of dutch grass burning my urban angst...
In a coffee shop which was so freakingly sterotypical that I almost laughed! Faded graffiti on peeling yellow walls. Thick sweet fumes. Loud Russians, and Clapton coughing on an asthamatic telly.
First drag. A resounding disaster!!! Let no one fool you into thinking otherwise...Smoking is a science! People don't smoke because they are worried about their lungs, they don't because they don't know how to!
The owner of the coffee-shop...Sheeba...if i remember the name of the place correctly, smiled at us indulgently, teaching me to suck in the air the right way. Awww, he looked like such a proud papa when I took a successful drag!

S said it looked like I was making love to the joint, puffing it so languidly with my feet perched on the table and my head thrown back. Clapton wheezed on. It did feel like love...


0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 What? Nobody made Coffee?!.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.